Friday 5 April 2013

Flashback Friday - Back to the 80's.

My Dad is on a mission to sort through 30 years worth of toys, books and other treasures in his attic. When we visited at the weekend we found a room full of books for us to claim and take home. Since Jacob was born I have regularly gone through the books but could never find my favourite. But on Monday there it was... Maisie Middleton by Nita Sowter. This booked has influenced both my refusal to get up to the kids in the night/early morning (that is Chris' job) and my love of trifle/pudding for breakfast (a childhood treat, the morning after my parents had a dinner party).



I remember reading this book towards the end of junior school and really enjoying it. I've popped it on my bedside table to re-read soon.


I was also very excited to find (hiding in my sister's toy box!) my old typewriter! I loved this and thought it was long gone. Ruby is a fan too and likes typing her name. I just need to work out how to re-ink the ribbon as you can't buy replacements for it anymore.


I also discovered my old Fashion Plates and the crayon thing still works. Me and the kids have been creating lots of outfits this week.


I've had my eye on this vase of Mum and Dad's for a long time. It is a 1970's Scheurich West German vase and one of their wedding presents. It remember it with pampas grass in it on our landing in the 1980's but it has lived in their loft for the last 15 years. I love West German pottery and have been adding to my own collection of vases and plant pots for a couple of years. I've been looking for something to store my wrapping papers i for a while, so I asked if I could have it and Mum said yes! It is now out of their attic, has been dusted and is living on my fireplace.


Do you love discovering treasures from your past or thrifting for new vintage/retro items for your home? I do. To feed my addiction I am heading down to The Johnny Loves June Vintage Fair in Shoreham tomorrow! Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...