Saturday 23 February 2013

Made with love by Mum


Chris bought me these labels for Christmas 2011 to put inside things I make for our kids.

I have my Mum to thank for my craftiness. There are lots of photo's of me as a baby wearing sundresses made by my Mum and as I got older she made my dancing presentation dresses too. I now make outfits for Ruby and I like to think that maybe one day she will make clothes for her children.

Here are a couple of recent outfits that I have made for her. It seems her very pink bedroom makes everything I photograph in it come out with a pink tinge.

The dresses are variations of a burdastyle pattern. I found this pattern quite difficult to follow as is based on european sizes and the instructions are a bit confusing. But they turned out alright in the end. 


Denim dress with pink binding edges and ice cream iron-ons by Julia Rothman.


This one opens at the front and has little bunny rabbit buttons and pink binding. I love pink and orange together. It reminds me on my primary school summer dress.


Every little girl needs a fake fur cape. The pattern is Burda Kids 9475, the fabrics are a cream fake fur and I lined it with cream fleece for warmth. All are from Fabricland on Western Road, Brighton. The cape is fastened using a popper and finished with a pink bow. It's so cute and she loves it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...