Friday 8 March 2013

Flashback Friday - Jacob and Ruby Learning to Sew

Whilst scrolling through iPhoto looking for some Flashback Friday inspiration I came across these pictures of Jacob and Ruby learning to sew.


Jacob must have been about four and a bit here when he sewed a M for Marmalade cover.
He spent ages working away on it. Check out his chubby hands and cheeks! they've gone now that he is seven.


Ruby was a lot younger when she started sewing, I am guessing that she is just under three in these photo's. Look at that hair and concentration on her face. So cute :)



I remember learning to sew on Binca at primary school. When did you learn to sew?


2 comments:

  1. I remember learning to sew in grade 2. I must have been about 6 or 7. We had to sew our initials on a piece of school dress fabric. I remember finishing first as I only had 2 initials and all the other kids had 3 or 4!! I still have that somewhere! I must have a look for it!!
    Love those pics BTW. And I love the concerntration on Ruby's face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my most vivid primary school memories is when we made felt ghost hand puppets. I made a mistake that I asked the teacher help with and misunderstood her instruction. I cut off the section rather unpicking the stitches and ended up with a wonky puppet much to the rest of the classes amusement and horror! She probably never imagined that I would still be sewing now based on that lesson!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...