Tuesday 5 March 2013

Mosaic Making at Treloan

I'm a bit obsessed with tiles this week and have spent today looking at grout for the bathroom. I came across a mosaic website and it reminded me of this... 


I'm about to let you in on a little secret (don't tell Chris I told you!)... we fell in love with Cornwall three years ago and have been here every year since. We went for the Jubilee bank holiday and whilst we were there we attended a mosaic event run onsite. I had only ever tiled a bathroom and kitchen before so I was excited to have a go. We were there for hours and everyone added a little bit. I think I did the B, I and an E in Jubilee. Ruby and Chris did some of the black border and Jacob did a lot of cutting with the nibblers.





I love the mosaics by Charley Harper and using them as inspiration I would like to have another go and make some art for our garden.

Have you ever made a mosaic?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...