Tuesday 26 March 2013

Mini Yarn Bombed Easter Tree

I first saw this image of a yarn bombed bus by Magda Sayeg a few years ago. Isn't it amazing? It's so cheerful. I love the way the colours and textures brighten up the street. I would be more likely to travel by bus in Brighton if they looked like this.

Photo from http://www.design-moderne.com
At Christmas as part the Advent Walk at Nymans there was a small installation on the fence that really stood out against the misty winters day. I remember thinking at the time that something like that would look pretty cool in the garden but as the weather has been so cold I put the idea on hold until spring. Then a couple of weeks ago I was reading the lovely House of Nicnax blog and saw that she had made a mini one for indoors. 

I thought it would be a great idea for this year's Easter Tree (I normally just stick a twig in some playdough and hang fake eggs). So yesterday I braved the cold, found a twig in the garden and dug out the embroidery thread. 

Here is is my Mini Yarn Bombed Easter Tree...


I trimmed the twig into a better shape and started wrapping the thread around the branches.


I chose spring pastel colours and spent a few hours wrapping whilst watching tv.

Chris bought me some cute birds from Tiger for mothers day and they are perfect to sit in the tree.


There were snow flurries outside when I took these photo's, luckily my Easter Tree provides spring cheer in my living room!

The finished tree, sitting amongst my Easter display that you will have to wait a few more days to see!


What do you think? Have you ever yarn bombed anything?



1 comment:

  1. Looks fantastic!!! And I love that bus picture too!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...